Tuesday, December 23, 2008

6 down, 1 1/2 more to go!

So, I've finished another semester! YAY! that makes me so excited because that means that I have 1 full semester left, then one class next summer then I'm DONE! I can't hardly believe it! I thought this day would never come!

This semster turned out pretty successfull. I had five classes:
- medical spanish terminology --> A-
- business spanish --> A
- spanish translation and interpretation --> A
- oral proficiancy --> A
- silver latin ballroom --> B

I have to admit, I'm kinda bummed about my B, it's the first one I've recieved since I got home from my mission. However, it doesn't surprise me too terribly much, I did miss several class periods. But still, it was probalby the easiest class of the bunch - second only to oral proficiancy - and it is my lowest grade! oh well, life does go on.

Two of my spanish classes were mainly focused on vocabulary so I made lots of flash cards. this is a picture of all of the words I learned this semester. If I had to guess, I'd wager that there are nearly 1000 words in that pile. (the red ones are business spanish and the blue ones are medical spanish) I was pretty much swimming in vocab this semester!




(Dory wants to learn too!)



(It's not every day you come across a bilingual cat!)

I passed the training course at the hospital, which makes me elegible for that 100 hour internship as an interpreter there (as I talked about in my last post) I just have to put in the aplication for being a volunteer at the hospital and I can start.

This break has been quite nice so far. It's been nice to not really have any commitments. I just hope that I'll be ready and motivated when it is time to start school. I start again in Jan. 5 (I'm pretty sure). I can't say I'm terribly excited for the classes that I have next semester; I have two literature classes, a phonetics class and another dance class. I think that the phonetics and dance classes should be pretty interesting, it's the literature classes I'm worried about. I struggle with english lit, how am I supposed to do it in spanish! oh well, it'll be over before I know it.

so that's what's up with me right now. until next time!

2 comments:

  1. yay, Beth! You're so close, just keep on chuggin'. Also, you need to post a picture of your makeover! I can't wait to see it! :) (Meagan told me).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! We are in the same boat, just about. I graduate in June. It seems like it will never get here, but it will be here before we know it. Nice work last semester!

    ReplyDelete