Monday, August 24, 2009

The Hecticity Continues

A lot has been going on the past couple of months. First of all, I'm going to follow up a bit on my last entry. I was finally released from my missionary calling (about a month later) and I've been settling into my new calling as 2nd counselor in the Relief Society presidency. I'm still not entirely sure what I'm supposed to do, but I'm slowly figuring it out. BTW, my talk did go pretty well! :)

I did get moved upstairs. There were lots of people nice enough to come help me move stuff around. I finally got my room put together so that I could move on with life. it's a small room, but I managed to fit everything into it...



Yes I know, I have lots of stuff; probably way too much... but hey, it fits! :)

I did finish my 20 page paper, which means I GRADUATED! YAAAAAY!! I ended up getting an 85% on the peper, which is lower than I'd expected, but I still got an A- in the class (or somthing like that) so I'm not complaining. I also finished my internship last wednesday! I am now a certified medical interpreter with IHC (Intermountain Health Care). That may or may not get me very far in the work world - after all, they aren't even going to give me ajob. But it is an accomplishment. At least I have a certificate that shows that I have experience interpreting. And now I am on the official job hunt. I hope to find somthing soon.

I'm an aunt again! Meet Connor Owen Edwards. What a cutie-bug!



I made an afghan for Connor, I finally finished it about a week and a half ago (or somthing like that...)




The thing that has kept me the most busy though, has been the relationahip that I was in.



Marshal Peck was my Boyfriend for about 2 months. We spent time together almost everyday and got to be quite close. Unfortunately, I got a feeling that it just wan't right, so I broke up with him this weekend. For sadness! It's been hard for me because he is the first guy I've dated who didn't, either lead me on and break my heart, or try to manipulate me into what he wanted, whether or not I wanted the same thing. He respected me, my feelings and desires. How am I supposed to give THAT up!? Does it really get much better than that? However, I do believe whole-heartedly that Heavenly Father plays a part in my life and I trust him; so I'm trutsing that what he has in mind really is in my best interest. In the mean time though, life REALLY stinks!

So that's my life in a nutshell right now. Now I've just got to figure out what the next step is and how to take it. So.... I'm off to the next phase of life, here goes nothin'!

1 comment:

  1. Great update!!! Congrats on completing your internship and graduating! what a load off.

    Good luck on the job hunt! use your networking contacts whenever possible...

    So sorry to hear about the breakup. That is really tough! I find that ice cream can help... I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete